This will be a hands-on role with the ability for growth and progression within the organisation. Ideally we are looking for someone with an ambitious, innovative and diplomatic attitude; that uses their wealth of experience to deliver high quality hospitality services. As Restaurant Manager you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with management to build and lead a successful FOH team. You will lead a brand new staff with well equipped resources and technology. For the right applicant this role provides a great opportunity for growth, development and lifestyle balance.
- Report to management on employee and restaurant performance.
- Lead by example for employees - i.e confidence, enthusiasm, and presentation.
- Ability to diplomatically resolve any employee concerns
- Ensure the standard and quality of restaurant service is maintained.
- Supervise, motivate and train staff.
- Work collaboratively with management to plan and organise special functions.
- Ensure health and safety standards are maintained.
- Ensure liquor licensing is appropriately enforced.
- Liaise with suppliers when required.
- Set up and pack down restaurant appropriately when required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in top-performing restaurants - 4+ years preferred but not essential.
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Diplomacy and the ability to problem solve
- Motivated, innovative, and enthusiastic attitude
- Relevant qualifications
- Current knowledge of contemporary restaurant practices
- A genuine passion for food, and the wider industry.
- A customer focused attitude.
- Ability to turn up well presented every shift.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Cash handling experience.
- Preparing performance reports.
- Ability to speak multiple languages a plus.
- To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand
- MOST OF ALL we are looking for the right attitude and a genuine passion for customer service.
- An exciting career challenge - the ability to craft and make your a mark on the NZ hospitality industry.
- A great lifestyle balance on offer - low rents, no traffic, great family ambiance, close to NZ's trout fishing capital, geothermal spa capital, ample culture and an extreme sports haven. Central to ski-fields and the beach - and only 2 & 1/2 hrs drive to Auckland. Also one of New Zealand's fastest growing cities.
- Ability for growth within the Blue Baths Group organisation.
- The ability to work in a contemporary hospitality environment, serving some of the best food in the region.
- A competitive salary.
For more information on our sister company the Blue Baths please visit www.bluebaths.co.nz
Apply to Margaret: email@example.com
- please note we are also looking for staff kitchen chefs, a restaurant manager, bar staff, FOH staff, baristas and mixologists.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.